ESL Labs operates chambers in a wide variety of sizes and configurations to meet your climatic testing requirements.
We can take your product from the hot, humid conditions of the Tropics to the cold dry conditions of the Arctic in seconds. We can tell you how well it will survive a driving rainstorm, an ice storm or the effects of blazing sunshine.
- Chambers in sizes from 1 to 23 m3 (35 to 812 ft3)
- Temperatures from -73°C to +200°C (-100°F to 392°F)
- Change rates to over 10°C / min (18°F/min)
- Two zone vertical transfer up to 0.6 m3 (21 ft3)
- -73°C to +200°C (-100°F to 392°F) in seconds
- Larger items by 2-chamber method
Icing / Freezing Rain:
- MIL-STD-810G, Method 521.3
- Up to 2 x 2 m (6.5 x 6.5 ft) test area
- Blowing MIL-STD-810, Method 510, Proc 1
- Settling Dust per SAE J1459
Rain / Water Tightness:
- Driving rain to 50 cm/hr (19.6 in/hr) with up to 125 km/hr (78 mi/hr) wind over a 1.2 x 1.2 m (3.9 x 3.9 ft) area
- MIL-STD-810F, Method 505.4
- Approximately 3.3 m2 (36 ft2) at 1120 W/m2 (355 Btu/ft2/hr), using up to 6 ARRI Lamp System
MIL-STD-810E Drip method
- Immersion up to 9150 m (30,000 ft)
- Various spray or hose-down methods
- Including steam cleaning & pressure wash
Climatic Testing Facts
Climatic testing gives manufactures an accurate picture of how their product will perform in any environment.
Besides the main climatic tests (temperature & humidity, corrosive atmosphere, and sand & dust), climatic testing also includes wind & rain, hail impact, solar radiation, and altitude.
Several extreme climatic scenarios are relevant for products during operation, transport, storage, and of course usage.