We have the expertise on environmental testing procedures to provide test consultations, and to help you interpret test requirements, or tailor a unique test program to your specific needs.
ESL Labs maintains a number of data acquisition systems and sensors to track test parameters and/or the operation of the item under test. These systems are able to accommodate custom sensors. We have power supplies to supply virtually any requirements for operating the item under test. All test instrumentation is calibrated against standards traceable to National Standards and Military Spec Standards, according to in-house procedures conforming to MIL-STD-45662.
To support our testing we also provide a number of sensors ranging from strain gauges, accelerometers, thermocouples and humidity sensors to anemometers, thermistors and pressure transducers.
ESL Labs can provide for ‘Test Tailoring’ which involves researching certifications, standards and interpretation of those standards as they apply to your product. We are able to design and develop tailored test procedures unique to your product. We are also able to design, manufacture and adapt test fixtures to ensure your product can be appropriately tested. If our existing equipment doesn’t quite fit the bill, we can often adapt it, so the test can support your unique requirements.
Our testing capabilities are summarized as follows:
- High / Low Temperature and Thermal shock
- Humidity, Blowing Rain, Icing / Freezing Rain, Immersion
- Hydrostatic Pressure: Internal and External
- Vibration: Sine, Random, Mixed mode, Loose cargo transport
- Mechanical Shock: Classical (half-sine, saw tooth, or trapezoidal), Shock response spectrum, Navy high impact (lightweight), Measured transient
- Solar Radiation
- Salt Fog / Spray, Accelerated Weathering (Fluorescent UV), Fluid Susceptibility
- Package Testing: Drop, Impact, Leakage, Fragility, Compatibility
- Combined Environments: Temperature / humidity / vibration, Temperature / altitude
- Mechanical Properties: Tension, Compression, Bend, Shear
- Chemical Testing: Fiber Volume, Resin Content
- Physical Testing: Resin Flow, Volatiles Content, Gel Time
- Materials Characterization
- EMC Design (System, equipment, printed circuit board, power, cables)
- EMI Troubleshooting and Mitigation
- System-Level Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3)
- Regulatory Compliance
- Emissions Security (EMSEC) (aka TEMPEST)