ESL Labs has over fifteen years experience in testing packages, packaging components and packaged products.
Testing your packaging can lower your risk of shipping damage and help optimize the packaging design. If you are shipping hazardous materials, package testing is a must to ensure against accidental release of such substances.
You can do the best job in the world of designing and manufacturing a product, but if you can’t get it to the end user intact, your efforts are wasted. Rely on ESL Labs for package testing expertise to help ensure your packaging system protects your product during the rigours of the shipping process.
We are an international safe transit association (ISTA) certified testing laboratory and sit on ASTM and CGSG Packaging Standards committees, including dangerous goods and infectious substances.
- Vibration: Sine, random, or bounce.
- Shock: Half sine, saw-tooth or trapezoidal pulses.
- Drop: Transit drop, bench handling.
- Impact: Drop-weight, pendulum.
- Climate Hazards: Temperature, humidity, rain.
- Mechanical Handling: Forklift handling, edge/corner drops, etc…
- Compression: Dead weight or machine testing at ambient and cold or hot conditions.
- Chemical Compatibility: At ambient or elevated temperatures.
- Leakage / Pressure: Positive and vacuum methods available.
Package Testing Facts
Package testing includes packaging materials, packaging components, primary packages, shipping containers, and unit loads.
Testing measures the effects and interactions of the levels of packaging, the package contents, external forces, and end-use.
Packages can also be tested for their ability to be recycled and their ability to degrade as surface litter, or in a landfill.