ESL Labs can perform a variety of materials tests to ensure the materials used in your product meet all the required specifications and that the finished product lives up to its specifications.
Materials that we can test
- Reinforced Plastic
- Carbon Fiber
- Composite Pre-preg
- Fiber Glass
Why is Material Testing Required?
- Maintain product quality and consistency.
- Avoid mistakes in the manufacturing process.
- Comply with standards and regulations.
- Ensure that materials are suitable for production and use.
- Identify the cause of product failure during manufacture or use.
- Certify new materials and products.
Examples of material tests that we perform
- Tensile – ASTM D638, ASTM D3039, ASTM D882
- Slow Rate Penetration – ASTM F1306
- Flexural – ASTM D790
- Shear – ASTM D2344, ASTM D3518, ASTM D5379, ASTM D3846
- Compressive - ASTM D695, ASTM D6641
- Drum Peel - IGS 04.26.270, ASTM D1781
- Resin Flow – ASTM D3531
- Resin Content – ASTM D3529
- Volatile content – ASTM D3530
- Gel Time – ASTM D3532
- Lap Shear – ASTM D1002
- Flammability – BSS 7230
- Impact – ASTM D2794, ASTM D4812
- Saturation and Moisture Absorption – ASTM D570, EN 2823
- Void Content – ASTM D2584, ASTM D2734
- Hydrolytic Stability – ASTM D3137
- Hardness – ASTM D3363, ASTM D2240
- Adhesion – ASTM D3359
- Bending – ASTM D522